What is Jio Fiber and how does it actually work?
JioFiber is a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) Internet broadband service provided by Reliance Jio Infocomm. The service was first announced as Jio GigaFiber in 2018 at the Reliance Industries 41st annual general meeting. The telecom operator then went on to rename the broadband service to Jio Fiber and commercially rolled it out on September 5th, 2019.
JioFiber offers a superior internet experience to explore your digital life. It offers the ultimate broadband experience to surf, stream, play games, and work. JioFiber broadband beats the rest because of its ultra-fast upload and download speeds and effective functioning in merely ‘milliseconds’.
What are the different plans available for Jio Fiber?
JioFiber offers a range of plans to suit your needs. Some of the popular JioFiber plans include:
- 30 Mbps + 6 OTT Apps for ₹499 +GST with 6/12 months plans available for new customers.
- 30 Mbps + 14 OTT Apps for ₹599 +GST with 6/12 months plans available for new customers.
- 100 Mbps + 14 OTT Apps for ₹899 +GST with 3/6/12 months plans available for new customers.
Every Jio Fiber broadband plan comes with 30 days of validity, unlimited data, and free voice calls. Additionally, five of the seven Jio Fiber recharge plans come with free subscriptions to OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sony LIV, Disney+ Hotstar, ZEE5, and VOOT, among others.
How do I get a Jio FTTH connection?
To get a JioFiber connection, you can register for JioFiber and follow these steps:
- Request an OTP by entering your name and registered mobile number.
- Submit the OTP received on your cellular device.
- Click on the ‘Verify OTP’ option.
- Enter the address where you need the new Jio broadband connection.
- Once done, press ‘Submit’ to get a new broadband connection.
After completing the online registration, a Jio representative will get in touch with you for the installation of the JioFiber connection. The activation and installation process is very quick and simple.
What are the benefits of using Jio Broadband?
JioFiber offers a superior internet experience to explore your digital life. Some of the benefits of using JioFiber include:
- Unlimited entertainment: Enjoy content from 550+ TV channels and 14+ OTT apps.
- Superfast internet with free HD calls: Get unlimited internet with symmetrical speed, landline calls on mobile, and HD voice calls.
- Home networking and smart security: Access and share content across devices, or watch over your family at home on the go.
- Zero upfront entry cost: No security deposit for Jio Home Gateway and no installation charges.
- Attractive 3,6 and 12-month plan options: Plans starting at ₹399 per month – lowest in the industry.
- 4K Set-top Box at no extra cost: Up to 16 paid OTT apps at ₹999 and any plan above that (all leading OTTs included including regional apps such as SunNxt, HoiChoi, etc.).
JioFiber broadband beats the rest because of its ultra-fast upload and download speeds and effective functioning in merely ‘milliseconds’.
How does Jio Fiber compare with other broadband services?
JioFiber broadband service is based on Fiber Optic technology which offers a lot of advantages over traditional cables. It provides a faster internet connection and fiber networks are not required to be changed post-installation. The companies upgrade them with the latest technology that creates electronic light pulses without having the need to replace the fiber cables.
JioFiber’s ultra-fast download and upload speeds enable seamless UHD Video services, video conferencing, and a variety of camera applications.
In terms of pricing, Jio Fiber offers plans starting from ₹399 per month which is considered to be the lowest in the industry. However, it is important to note that the actual speed that you get may depend on factors such as your location, network congestion, and the type of device you are using.
It’s difficult to make a direct comparison with other broadband services as it depends on various factors such as location, availability, and personal preferences. However, JioFiber is considered to be one of the leading broadband service providers in India due to its attractive pricing, high-speed internet, and additional features.
How long does it take for a new Jio Fiber connection to become active?
Once the documents provided by you get verified, you will receive a text message from Jio for installation confirmation. The time taken for completing the installation and activation of JioFiber is approximately 2 hours from the time the installation engineer visits your home.