Full-screen display smartphones, including an 18:9 aspect ratio display is the latest trends right now. This smartphone trend replacing the traditional navigation buttons and featuring on-screen gestures in full-screen display devices.
The new iPhone-X features on-screen gesture and removed that trending physical button. Now, Xiaomi is replacing the Home key and capacitive key with on-screen gestures.
Xiaomi already introduced this feature on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and Mi Mix 2. Now the company has rolled out an MIUI 9.5 Global Beta update in order to enable them on the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro as well. This beta update is available for those users who joined the beta testing phase.
This update includes three basic gestures- the first one is swiping up from the bottom of the screen to go Home from apps or other menus, the second one is swipe up till the center of the screen to open the recent apps tray, and the third one is swipe from the left edge or right edge of the screen to go back.
List of Devices Supported-
– Mi MIX/ MIX 2/ Redmi 5/ Redmi 5 Plus/ Redmi Note 5 (Pro)/ and upcoming full-screen display devices.
– Full-Screen Gestures is present in latest China Developer/ Global Beta ROM (8.3.1) or MIUI 9.5 and above.
How to Enable Full-Screen Gestures?
– Go to Settings – Full-Screen Display
– Select Full-Screen Gestures
– Run through the tutorial once, start using it!